Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the International Flight Services Association is a global professional association created to serve the needs and interests of airline and railway personnel, inflight and rail caterers and suppliers responsible for providing onboard services on regularly scheduled travel routes. IFSA's membership is dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of the multi-billion dollar inflight and railway onboard services industry.
Lead, develop and represent the global business interests of the onboard services industry.
The objectives are:
In order to serve the needs of the membership, we will:
- Provide a global forum to research, develop and communicate information to IFSA members, the industry and the public.
- Develop and promote uniform guidelines of food safety, sanitation and security for the onboard service supply chain.
- Represent the global interests of the Association and its members before legislative and regulatory entities and strengthen working relationships with other industry associations, publications and groups.
- Maximize industry participation and presence worldwide fostering business partnerships and building networks in emerging markets to support industry development.
- Recognize exceptional contributions to the industry and develop future leaders.
The International Flight Services Association (IFSA) was officially launched in January 1966 when 43 industry pioneers attended the first commercial airline foodservice seminar at Cornell University. This seminar was the outgrowth of two previous meetings held at Cornell in 1964 and 1965.
For more about IFSA history, click here.